Select your language   : English   Español    Français    Deutsch   
Welcome to the Racine County Inmate Search

General Information

Q: What is the Racine County Jail phone number?
A: 262-636-3929

Q: How do I schedule a video visitation?
If you have access to the internet, you can schedule a video visit at https://www.securustech.net/. If you do not have access to the internet, two video visitation scheduling stations are located in the LEC. One station is located inside the Main Street entrance, and the other station is located in the LEC public lobby, inside the Wisconsin Ave entrance. See visiting information for more information.

Q: What is a Split Deposit?
A new policy has been put into place regarding fees owed to the Racine County jail. Effective 01/27/10, if any money is deposited into an inmate's account and the inmate has arrears, 30% of it will go to what is owed and 70% can be spend on commissary.

Q: How can I get a message to an inmate?
A: We do not give messages to inmates unless there is a serious illness or death in the family that can be verified through the funeral home or hospital.

Q: When will an inmate's charges be entered?
The process begins once the arresting officer completes the paperwork. The same staff that enters the charges, answer our phones. This site is refreshed every 15 minutes. Charges will appear on this site within 15 minutes of being entered.

Q: How long does it take to get an inmate transferred to upstairs housing?
A: The inmate must have pictures and prints taken, the charges entered, and be classified. This may take anywhere from one to three days.

Q: Can an inmate request a barber to cut their hair?
Yes, but it would be at your expense. The inmate must send a request to a supervisor. The barber must be paid outside of the jail. He must be a licensed hairdresser and have no relation to the inmate. Approved haircuts are done on Sundays, between 6 pm – 8 pm.

Q: The jail staff will not give me any information regarding an inmate's health status?
A: The jail staff understands your concerns, but it is necessary to protect the privacy of the inmate.

Q: Can I leave an inmate medication?
Yes, and we encourage it. All medication that is dropped off for an inmate must be cleared through our medical office. Once it is approved it will be delivered to the inmate.

Q: When and where can I leave mail?
A:  At the 24 hour jail entrance located on 717 Wisconsin Avenue. Use the 8th Street entrance. Mail can be left 24 hours 7 days a week. All mail is searched.

Q: Are there any limits on what mail an inmate can receive?
 All incoming mail must be neat and legible containing inmate's name, SPN number, and housing unit to be accepted.

Photos can be no larger than 4x6.
Inmates are allowed no more than 25 photos in his possession at once.
No provocative photos.

Children must be fully clothed in photos.
No material related to gangs.

No mail containing contraband (electrical music devises, lights, stamps, newspaper articles, internet printings, envelopes, or calendars, etc.)

No tape or stickers on the letters or photos.

Note: If any of the above occurs the items will be placed in their property and the inmate will not receive them.

Q: What is the address of the jail if I cannot bring my letter in person?
Racine County Jail
717 Wisconsin Ave
Racine, WI 53403
Note: Include the inmate's name and cell location on the envelope. Ex: John Doe Internal - 3B 24U.

Q: When and where can I leave money on an inmates account?
A: There is a kiosk located in the lobby of the 24-hour jail entrance on 8th Street, in the public lobby of the LEC, or you can deposit money online into their account https://www.gtlfsonlinepay.com/portal/

Q: How can I send email to an inmate?
A: If the inmate is housed in a dayroom with a kiosk located in it, go to https://www.gtlfsonlinepay.com/portal/

Q: How do I find out about an inmate's account?
We do not give information about the inmates account. Inmates have daily access to their account balances and will need to provide you with that information.


Q: What property can be released?
A: Keys, cell phones, jewelry, Quest cards, and insurance cards only.  You must present a valid ID to retrieve the property. No wallets, purses or money will be released.

Q: What time can I pick up property?
A: From 12:30-1:30 Monday through Friday except holidays. It is best to call ahead of time to ensure that the inmate has completed the property release form before you can receive anything.
The property room number is 636-3696

Q: When you release an inmate to prison, what happens to their property?
When we release an inmate to prison, the property is held for 30 days from the date of their release. If not collected within that time the property will be disposed of.

Q: Can I bring books or newspapers to an inmate?
Inmates can have new books shipped to them from a bookstore only. They may receive newspapers, but they must be sent directly from the publisher. No puzzle books.

Q: Can I leave hygiene items or undergarments for an inmate?
A: No, they must order all hygiene items and undergarments from the commissary. You can put money on their account, which would allow them to order these items as well as food and soda from the vending machines.

Q: Can I leave prescription glasses for an inmate?
A: At any time at the 24 hr jail entrance located on 8th Street. Please bring the written prescription from the eye doctor along.

Q: When can jury trial clothes be dropped off?
A: Anytime the day before the jury trial at the 24 hr jail entrance located on 8th Street.


Q: What are commitments?
A: A commitment is an unpaid citation that has become a form of a warrant. Either you pay the fine or serve a said amount of days. You do not go to court on this matter.

Q: What is a bail bond?
A: A bond is a guarantee that you will appear in court. There are 3 types bail bonds.

1. Cash bond- Pay an amount to be released until their next court date.
2. Signature bond- Inmate signs a bond stating that they will return for the next court date.
3. Co-signature bond- A person an inmate names and the inmate signs a bond indicating that the inmate will return for their next court date.

If the inmate does not return for their court date a warrant will be issued, an additional charge for bail jumping may be added and the bond may also be forfeited.

Q: If I paid a bond for someone, when and how do I get my money?
A: If you are entitled to get your money back, the Clerk of Courts will reimburse you after the case is completed or ordered by the court. It will be mailed to the name and address on the receipt given when the bond was posted.

Q: What is a probation hold?
It is a hold placed by the Department of Corrections for some type of rules violation by the offender. There is no fine or a bond that can be paid to release the inmate. We have no information as to how long the inmate will be held. Once we are notified by the Department of Corrections to release the hold we release the inmate shortly after that as long as there are no other charges.

Q: What is an out of county hold / detainer?
Another county or state has a warrant for the inmate. If there is a bond amount you can pay it. If it is not paid, the other jurisdiction will come and transport them to their facility.

Q: When do you receive court paperwork?
A: Inmates go to court throughout the day, Monday - Friday (except holidays). At the end of the day all the paperwork is collected and processed. The paperwork needs to sorted and matched to the inmates file. Then the files are updated. The court paperwork isn't usually in the jail before 6:00 pm. Again, the same people who answer the phones are processing the paperwork. To save time, check this website. The update is shown on this site within 15 minutes of updating.

Q: What is a booking fee?
A: It is a $ 30.00 fee charged to any person who is serving time at the Racine County Jail.

Q: What is a warrant fee?
A: It is $ 35.00 processing fee charged for anyone who is arrested on a warrant entered by our department.

Q: Do you accept credit cards for payment?
Yes, we use a credit card service, named GPS. They charge a non-refundable service fee.

Q: What time do inmates go to court?
If arrested on a new charge an inmate will go to court the next business day between 1:30-2:30 pm. This does not include traffic. Warrants can be anywhere from one to two business days.

Q: When will an inmate be transported to another jurisdiction?
Due to security reasons we cannot disclose that information.

Q: What time of day do inmates get released, if they have served their time?
They are usually released between 4-6 am, but there are exceptions.

Q: Can I make donations to jail?
No donations will be accepted do to security issues.

Q: Can a marriage take place while an inmate is in jail?
Yes, if you are not a prison inmate serving time in the Racine County Jail.

Chaplain Anthony suggests you do the following before contacting him. Obtain your birth certificate, drivers license or identification, and your social security. Once you have obtained these things then contact him at 262-636-3803 or by email to Anthony.Balistreri@racinecounty.com .

Chaplin Anthony will not perform the wedding if the wedding attire, in any case is revealing. You should not wear jewelry because of the jail security and metal detectors that you will have to pass in order to enter the LEC. Rings may be exchanged, but the inmate will not be allowed to keep it for security reasons.

Huber Related Questions

Q: What do I need for Huber?
A: You will report on time and not under the influence of intoxicants or drugs. When reporting to the Racine County Jail you will be required to complete forms concerning your release on Huber law. We will verify the information you provide and determine your schedule.

You will not go out on Huber law privileges the day you report in.

You are not permitted to work more than 6 days a week, 12 hours a day.
This includes travel time.

You will need the following to ensure that you will be able to go out on your next scheduled day.

1. A letter from your employer on company letterhead.
2. We have to verify your employment with the Human Resources Department,
owner, etc. A shift supervisor is not acceptable for initial verification.
3. The letter must include start and completion times, and days worked.
4. You must earn at least minimum wage.
5. You must be paid by payroll check, with taxes being withheld. No cash jobs.

Q: What will I need if I am self-employed?
A: You need the following if you are to be self-employed and they must be the
original documents, which we will make copies of and return to you.

1. Tax returns for last year including Schedule C for business with Federal Tax I.D number.
2. Or social security number if sole proprietor.
3. Business bank statement with your company name and Federal Tax I.D number.
4. Business phone statement and the business name and business address.
5. Federal Tax ID number on a federal form.
6. Wisconsin resale tax number.
7. Proof of any or all required business insurance.
8. Required licenses.
9. Signed contacts (past, present and future).

Your self-employment approval will be based on the documents that you turn in, so the more items listed that you turn in the easier the approval will be.

Q: What will I need if I"m on Huber for childcare?
You need a birth certificate naming you as a parent.
1. If you are the legal guardian you must provide original documents from the court.
2. A letter from the employer of the caregiver other than you in the manner listed under the work heading.

Q: What is allowed in the Huber dorm?
All white underwear, socks, shirts (including thermal underwear).
A:  Wrist watch.
A: A plastic encased wind up alarm clock

Q: How much are the Huber fees?
You are required to carry $ 210.00 when reporting to jail. This includes $ 30.00 Booking Fee. This amounts to $ 20.00 per day. This is the policy of the jail to collect these nine days in advance.

Q: What should I do if I work out of state?
A: If you work outside the state you will not be permitted to go unless granted by the court, and it is indicated on your Judgment of Conviction.

Q: What if I have other Huber questions?
If your questions were not answered here you can direct them to the Huber dorm 636-3478.


The Racine County Sheriff"s Office cannot guarantee that the information on this website is accurate.  Information contained herein should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.  The Racine County Sheriff"s Office will not be held liable for any claims or damages arising from any use or reliance upon the information contained on this website.  Any inmate that has been booked into the Racine County Jail does not establish that the individual is guilty of or has been convicted of any crime.  It may be a violation of state law to discriminate against an employee or job applicant because of an arrest record or conviction record.  For more information, see Wisconsin State Statute Section 111.335.  

The vision of the Racine County Sheriff"s Office is to be the best law enforcement agency in the state and make Racine County the safest county in Wisconsin.
In Partnership with the Citizens, and with the cooperation of the communities within Racine County, the mission of the Racine County Sheriff"s Office shall be the preservation of public safety, peace and order. This goal shall be met through proper utilization of the available resources in the most efficient manner possible while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.